Postmarked deadline: February 28, 2017
The Dream Quest One Poetry and Writing Contest is open to everyone, internationally, to all poets and writers whether published or not regardless of experience. Current and former employees of Dreamquestone.Com or their relatives are not eligible. Previously published poems and short stories in other contests, books, magazines, etc. are accepted and welcomed as long as they are original works created by the contest entrant(s). All entries must be composed or translated into English language.
Poems must be 30 lines or fewer, may be either neatly handwritten or typed, single or double line spacing, on any subject, theme, style, shape, or form. Entries must be original works.
Short stories may be on any subject or theme. For example, any fiction, non-fiction, creative nonfiction, essays, diary, journal entries and short stage-plays and screenplays are accepted. Contestants will enter their short stories either neatly hand printed or typed, single or double line spacing, within a maximum of (5) pages or less. All entries must be original works.
You may submit entries to both the poetry contest and the writing contest, at the same time.
Multiple entries are accepted.
Poetry First Prize is $250.00, Second: $125.00, Third: $50.00
Writing First Prize is $500.00, Second: $250.00, Third: $100.00
The entry fee is $5.00 (US dollars) per poem.
The entry fee is $10.00 (US dollars) per short story.
These fees may be paid by mail or PayPal (online payment service). If fees are paid online, a $2.00 transaction fee will be added per poem or story entry fees. Each poem/story entry must be paid individually if using the PayPal payment option. Note: The electronic entries and postal mail-in entries postmarked deadline to send all payments/entries is FEBRUARY 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM, Pacific Standard Time (PST). All poetry and writing contest winners will be notified and published online in the Dare to Dream pages, on March 31, 2017. Submitted poems/stories that come without an entry fee will be disqualified. If sending entry fees via mail, Dreamquestone.Com accepts cash, money orders, cashiers checks, and personal checks. Dreamquestone.Com will not accept any foreign currencies as payment. Cash in the form of U.S. Dollars or International money orders may be used for international entries. However, remember when sending cash by way of postal mail, make sure your envelope is well-secured and covered such that your cash cannot be seen through the envelope. *Note: Cash is accepted but must be sent via postal mail at your own risk. All fees must be paid in the form of US dollars.
Poetry/Writing Entries Via Mail:
1. Print out the Mail in entry form.
2. Fill out the entry form with your current and correct information.
3. All Poems and Short Story Contest entries must be neatly handwritten or typed and submitted with poet’s/writer’s name, address, phone number, and email address (if applicable), in the upper left-hand corner of each entry.
4. Include $5.00 entry fee payments for each poem submitted. Add a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) for entry confirmation, if you choose. Include payment of $10.00 for each short story. Add a (SASE) Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) for entry confirmation, if you choose.
5. There are no limits to your entries.
6. Make personal checks, cashier’s checks or money orders payable to: “Dreamquestone.Com”. Cash payments are accepted, but will be sent at your own risk. (Entries from outside the United States are fine, but entry fees must be made in US dollars. Foreign entrants are strongly urged to use international money orders rather than personal checks). Personal checks must be cleared– entries will not be considered valid until they do. Dreamquestone.Com is not responsible for lost entries or payments.
Poetry/Writing Entries Via PayPal:
1. Please use the PayPal links near the bottom of the Enter Now! page to enter.
2. The entry fee of $7.00 for each poem and $12.00 for each short story submission will be entered. (Note: Electronic submissions require a two dollar ($2.00) transaction fee to be included with the entry fee). After completing the transaction, send your entries electronically by email.
3. Entries sent electronically must be sent as email attachments in a word processing document such as, Microsoft Word (.doc) or (docx), Word Perfect (.wpd), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Open Document Format (.odt), or Photoshop Document Format (pdf). “Poetry Contest Entry,” “Writing Contest Entry,” or “Poetry & Writing Contest Entry” must be typed in the subject line of the email. The information requested on the entry form can either be included in the typed Word processing document or typed directly into the body of an email message. If included in the Word document, entry form information should be on the first page. The contest poem or short story entry must be on a separate page from the entry form information. PayPal payment must be made before submitting the entry.
4. There are no limits to your entries. Entrants cannot send payment by mail and submit electronically. Either both payment and entry must be sent by mail or both must be sent electronically. Entries will not be returned.
*Postmarked deadline: February 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM (PST)
All poetry and writing contest winners will be notified, announced and published online in the Dare to Dream pages on March 31, 2018.
Judges are members of Dream Quest One -Dare to Dream Master Selection Committee. All poems are judged on the basis of originality, creativity, characterization, artistic quality, adherence to the 30 line limit, and the ability to dream. All short stories are judge based on originality, creative imagination, character introduction and development; plot development, adherence to the (5) page limit, and the ability to dream. All decisions of the judges are final. Andre L. West is the final judge.
Dream Quest One.com does not release or sell customer or contest entrant information to third parties or mailing lists, nor will you receive telephone solicitations, whatsoever. We occasionally send customer, contest entrants and members of our mailing news about Dream Quest One products and contests (no more than twice a month). You may opt out of these notices at any time by sending a request to “email@example.com” or by using the ‘Safe Unsubscribe’ link inside an emailed newsletter.
All poems and stories remain the property of the artists who wrote or created them. By submitting a poem/story to this contest, the artists may also be eligible for the publication of her or his work by Dreamquestone.Com. However, if any contest winner does not wish to have hers/his winning poem and/or story published online, one may request to have hers/his entry(ies) omitted.
Refunds and Payments:
In case you want to receive entry fee(s) refund or having any problems about entering the Dream Quest One Poetry & Writing Contest. If you would like to receive a refund before the contest deadline, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let me know. Henceforth, I will gladly submit your entry fee(s) refund, as soon as possible. If you have any problems about entry fee(s) payments, I will be eager to resolve them as well. Our main focus is for poets and writers to continue writing poetry and prose, while enjoying the process and journey, by expressing oneself through experiences in the Fine Arts & Writing community.
All Prizewinners will be notified by postal mail, email or via telephone. Upon the completion of each contest run, the top three winning entries, poets/writers, their names and brief biographical information may be published in the Dare to Dream pages, at the Dream Quest One Poetry and Writing Contest website.
For further information, contact:
c/o Andre L. West, Editor
Dream Quest One
P.O. Box 3141
Chicago, IL 60654
Email us at: email@example.com