Dream Quest One Poetry & Writing Contest
Extended Postmark deadline: SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 - 11:59 PM, CST
*All poems must be 30 lines or fewer, may be either neatly handwritten or legibly typed, using single or double line spacing, on any subject or theme. Remember, the title(s) of your poem(s) do not count as lines. All entries must be original works.
*All short stories may be on any subject or theme, or genre. For example, any fiction, non-fiction, creative nonfiction stories, essays, diary, screenwriting, blog and journal entries are accepted. Contestants will enter their short stories neatly hand printed or typed, using single or double line spacing, within a maximum of (5) pages or less. NO WORD COUNT. All entries must be original works.
You may submit multiple entries to both the poetry contest and the writing contest, at the same time.
Multiple entries are accepted.
Note: All poems and short stories may be revised and resubmitted, and will be accepted until the contest's postmark deadline.
The Dream Quest One Poetry and Writing Contest is open everyone, international to all poets and writers whether published or not, regardless of experience. Current and former employees of Dreamquestone.Com or their relatives are not eligible. Previously published poems and short stories in other contests, books, magazines, etc are accepted and welcomed as long as they are original works created by the contest entrant(s).
Poetry First Prize: $250.00, Second: $125.00, Third: $50.00
Writing First Prize: $500.00, Second: $250.00, Third: $100.00
The entry fee is $5.00 (US dollars) per poem.
The entry fee is $10.00 (US dollars) per story.
These fees may be paid by mail or PayPal (a secure online payment service). If fees are paid online, a $2.00 transaction fee will be added per poem or story entry fee. Each poem/story entry must be paid individually if using the PayPal payment option. The electronic entries and postal mail-in entries postmark deadline has been extended from AUGUST 15, 2017 to September 30, 2017, at 11:59 PM, Central Standard Time (CST). All poetry and writing contest winners will be notified and published online in the Dare to Dream pages, on November 12, 2017. Submitted poems/stories that come without an entry fee will be disqualified. Dreamquestone.Com will not accept any foreign currencies as payment. Cash in the form of U.S. Dollars or International money orders may be used for international entries. If sending entry fees via postal mail, Dreamquestone.Com accepts cash, money orders, cashier's checks, and personal checks. However, remember when sending cash by way of postal mail, make sure your envelope is well-secured and covered such that your cash cannot be seen through the envelope. *Note: Cash is accepted but must be sent via postal mail at your own risk. All fees paid must be in the form of US dollars.
How to Enter Poetry/Writing Entries Via Postal Mail:
1. Print out a Mail in an entry form.
2. Fill out the entry form with your current and correct information.
3. Included Poem/Short story Contest entries must be neatly hand printed or typed out and submitted with the poet's/writer's name, address, phone number, and email address (if applicable) in the upper left-hand corner of the entry. Repeat method for multiple submission.
4. Include payment $5.00 for each poem along with a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) for entry confirmation and notification. Include a payment for $10.00 for each short story along with an (SASE) for entry confirmation and notification.
5. There are no limits to your entries.
6. Make personal checks, cashier's checks or money orders payable to: "Dreamquestone.Com". Cash payments are accepted, but will be sent at your own risk. (Entries from outside the United States are fine, but entry fees must be made in US dollars. Foreign entrants are strongly urged to use international money orders rather than personal checks). Personal checks must be cleared-- entries will not be considered valid until they do. Dreamquestone.Com is not responsible for lost entries or payments.
How to Enter Poetry/Writing Entries Via PayPal:
1. Please use the PayPal link on the "Enter Now!" page to enter.
2. The entry fee of $7.00 for each poem, and $12.00 for each short story submission will be entered. (Note: Electronic submissions require a two dollar ($2.00) transaction fee to be included with the entry fee). After completing the transaction, send your poems and/or short stories entries electronically by email.
3. Entries sent electronically must be sent as email attachments using a word processing document such as, Microsoft Word (.doc), Word Perfect (.wpd) or Rich Text Format (.rtf), Open Document Format (.odt), etc. 'Poetry Contest Entry' or 'Writing Contest Entry' must be typed in the subject line of the email. The information requested on the entry form can either be included in the typed Word processing document or typed into an email message body area. If included in the Word document, Entry Form information should be on the first page. The contest poem or short story entry must be on a separate page from the entry form information. PayPal payment must be made before submitting the entry.
4. You will have to repeat these steps for the poems/short stories you wish to enter.
5. There are no limits to your entries. Entrants cannot send payment by mail and submit electronically. Either both payment and entry must be sent by mail or both must be sent electronically. Entries will not be returned.
*Extended Postmark deadline: SEPTEMBER 30, 2017, at 11:59 PM - CST.
All poetry and writing contest winners will be notified, announced and published online in the Dare to Dream pages, on October 16, 2017.
Judges are members of Dream Quest One -Dare to Dream Master Selection Committee. All poems are judged on the basis of originality, creativity, characterization, artistic quality, adherence to the 30 line limit, and the ability to dream. All short stories are judge based on: originality, creative imagination, character introduction and development, plot development, adherence to the (5) page limit, and the ability to dream. All decisions of the judges are final.
Dream Quest One.com does not release or sell customer or contest entrant information to third parties or mailing lists, nor will you receive telephone solicitations, whatsoever. We occasionally send customer, contest entrants and members of our mailing news about Dream Quest One products and contests (no more than twice a month). You may opt out of these notices at any time by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All poems and stories remain the property of the artists who wrote or created them. By submitting a poem/story for this contest, the artist may also be eligible for the publication of her or his work by Dreamquestone.Com.
Refunds and Payments:
In case you want to receive entry fee(s) refund or having any problems about entering the Dream Quest One Poetry & Writing Contest. If you would like to receive a refund, please contact me via email at email@example.com, and let me know. Henceforth, I will gladly submit your entry fee(s) refund and your poetry/writing contest entry(ies) will be withdrawn, as soon as possible. If you have any questions about entry fee(s) payments, I will be eager to resolve them as well. Our main focus is to inspire, motivate and encourage poets and writers to continue doing so, while enjoying the journey by expressing oneself, through growth and development in the Fine Arts & Writing community.
All Prizewinners will be notified by postal mail, email or by telephone. The top three winning entries, poets/writers, their names and brief biographical information may be published in the Dare to Dream pages at the Dream Quest One Poetry and Writing Contest website upon the completion of each contest run.
For further information, contact:
c/o Andre L. West, Editor
Dream Quest One
P.O. Box 3141
Chicago, IL 60654
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org